More Services > Yacht Management
Go Club Yachting is run by Andrew Williams who has been working with, and managing yachts, since he left school. Over the years a large number of sailing and motor yachts have been used both in its RYA school and for bareboat yacht charter.
In addition to our own boats we have a maximum of 6 yachts in management so that we can ensure that each owner is given the attention they need. This option is great for you if you would like to own your own boat, but don’t wish to use it all the time and would like to offset the running costs against income.
Maintenance would typically include:
- Annual: lift out, antifoul and hull polish, engine service (major), rudder and steering check, check/replace sea cocks, replace anodes, etc, servicing of lifejackets, new tidal almanac
- Six monthly: check of electrical and plumbing systems, re-varnishing woodwork as necessary
- Quarterly: winch servicing, engine serving, check standing and running rigging
- As required: repair sails, replace worn halyards and sheets, liferaft, Spanish ITB (boat MOT) is also required every 3 years.
The advantage of putting a yacht into management with us is that it is able to work 12 months of the year due to the climate in the sunny Canaries, so your investment will not be sitting out of the water for 6 months of the year.
Another advantage of the Canaries is its tax status as it is outside the EU, with no VAT, lower rates of income tax and exemptions can be given for paying tax.
You will have to have the yacht equipped to the standard required by the RYA for use as a school yacht, and also coded to Spanish standards (which are similar). We can advise you on what’s needed and equip it for you if you wish. We have an account with numerous suppliers including Ocean Safety – which helps keep the costs lower. The cost is about €6000 if it’s a yacht with minimum equipment. We also recommend getting a liferaft in a canister as it needs longer intervals between servicing.
As members of the MLA and BMF, as well as having our boats inspected by the RYA, MCA and also the Spanish authorities you can rest assured that we keep your yacht in top condition.
In return for letting us use your yacht we will advertise it on our website, as well as other magazines such as Sailing Today and Yachting Monthly.
When you wish to use your yacht we will prepare it for you just as we do for a normal charter, making sure she is clean and has all the beds made up. We even put on our welcome pack so you can have a cup of tea on arrival. Transfers from Tenerife South airport are also included during normal office hours, and outside of these by arrangement.
We use the Google Calendar system so you can see at all times if your boat is in use, and to whom. If you wish to use your own boat and it is already booked out we can usually work something out.
Dependant on the type of yacht that you have we offer various options:
- Fixed income per month – where we look after everything (except major engine repairs and new rigging or sails) and give you a monthly payment
- Fixed income per month – where we pay for the moorings and insurance and you pay for all the maintenance
- Variable Income – we pay you for each time we use the boat.
We can also offer a “winter only” contract where you leave the yacht with us from October to April and then sail it to the Mediterranean or the UK for the summer months.